As we approach the time of year when our nation takes time to remember those who have fallen in military conflicts, then SRX reflects on what we do as a company to support the military community.
SRX have a strong bond with The Armed Forces. Many of our personnel, management staff and directors have served in the military and our current recruitment policy provides excellent opportunities for retired military personnel whether as permanent employees or for contract work.
SRX are current holders of the Bronze Award as part of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. This is in line with our commitment to the UK Armed Forces and acknowledges our pledge to support the armed forces community, ensuring that:
- No member of the armed forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen.
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
- The covenant supports the whole of the military community including:
- Regular serving personnel
- Current reservists
- Service leavers and veterans
- The wounded, injured and sick
- Service families
- The bereaved
Finally, SRX are committed to supporting the UK registered charity Hire a Hero, which provides support for military personnel who have served our country. The charity was formed to ease the difficult transition from military to civilian life by offering assistance with employment, training, housing, and care as well as specialist support for the injured. As part of our ongoing support, SRX are the platinum sponsors of the Hire a Hero Gorillas, which is a club used to promote the charity and raise awareness and funds.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning.
We will remember them.